- This Saturday October 21, 2017 all proceeds from the Paella cookout will go to SUZI for Cancer Research. 12PM-4PM (Read note from Suzi) Hello. I know I’ve been silent on the Hitting People Up for Donations to CRI front lately. This is not a result of lack of conviction or passion, but a lack of time and energy. Between work and more work and training for the marathon I’ve barely had time to think let alone write something out. One good thing about running so long is more time to think but I have yet to figure out how to write as I run. But I want to share my experience from my long run this weekend with the hope that you will see the importance of what you can do to help CRI find a cure for cancer. My run began with thoughts of what to say that I haven’t said already about what CRI is doing and why your donation matters so much. There are so many of us who have family and friends battling for their lives – we see it and feel helpless. And then this song came on in my headphones: “If they say Who cares if one more light goes out? In a sky of a million stars It flickers, flickers Who cares when someone’s time runs out? If a moment is all we are We’re quicker, quicker Who cares if one more light goes out? Well I do” There it is. The reminder I needed. That’s why I’m doing this. All of this running to raise awareness and money for a cure. And I know that you care too. That’s why so many of you have sent in your donations already. Thank you for that! “The reminders pull the floor from your feet In the kitchen, one more chair than you need And you’re angry, and you should be, it’s not fair Just ’cause you can’t see it, doesn’t mean it, isn’t there” Saturday’s run was long and painful and stinking hot but compared to what someone fighting cancer may be going through it’s a walk in the park. And I was given another reminder of that at mile 14 when I came across a barricade in the road. There was a family setting up a lemonade stand in the street. As I came up to it a very cute little girl, Lulu asked me if I wanted some lemonade. I told her that I didn’t have any money on me. She said it was free and that they were trying to end childhood cancer – the lemonade stand was her idea because her little brother has cancer. I talked to her aunt, uncle, and father and they said Sam was diagnosed when he was three. He would have been there but he had an infection following a bone marrow transplant. Lulu wanted to do something that might help her brother and other children. I get her. I think we all do. What wouldn’t we do for someone we love? I thought of Sam and Lulu the last two miles home. That run belongs to them. When I got cleaned up the first thing I did was go back over to their stand and gave them some money. Well, I’m nowhere near as cute as Lulu and lemonade isn’t really my thing. But we do have something similar in the works for this Saturday! The wonderful folks at JS Fine Wines are sponsoring a paella cookout and featuring wines and spirits with proceeds from donations going to my fundraising page for Cancer Research Institute. There will also be some items up for raffle prizes including a little something special from me that I’m working on for a cocktail that I’m calling a Marathon Mule. It’s got a little kick to it. JS Fine Wines is at 638 W Rhapsody and we will be taking donations from 11AM to 5PM. I hope you can come out and enjoy the best food and wine and people in San Antonio! And if you cannot but still want to donate please do so here: http://ift.tt/2yrP5bx And here is the website for JS Fine Wines: http://jsfinewines.com/ “Who cares if one more light goes out? Well I do” Thank you for your support! Suzi http://ift.tt/2gmQRjQ
- Join us this Saturday Oct 7, 2017 from 11am- 5pm for another great wine tasting. Wines from Argentina in the front bar and California in the back! Food Truck: Sir-Wacha serving lunch from 12pm – 3pm. Stop by San Antonio’s Gourmet Olive oil’s #2 tasting room while you shop at Joe’s! ●Dont forget the gift card contest, share! *Must be 21 and up for contest elegibility*
- Make sure to sign up for the weekly E-Vine! Wine tastings, discounts and more!
- Kirsten Smith for LLS Woman of the Year 2017 next event! Make sure to sign up! #llswomanoftheyear
- Tomorrow we’re having Sushi Zushi for dinner! (Supporting Kirsten Smith for LLS Woman of the Year 2017)